MCR Health partners with The Healthy Start Coalition of Manatee County to ensure mothers and infants have access to prenatal and pediatric care.
Healthy Start is a free voluntary program that helps women improve their children’s birth and developmental outcomes.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
ALL expectant mothers and children under the age of three are eligible.
FACTORS THAT CAN AFFECT YOUR PREGNANCY OR BABY’S HEALTH:
- Access to prenatal care
• Smoking or exposure to second-hand smoke
• Substance abuse
• Prior pregnancy complications: miscarriage, preterm/ low birth weight baby (under 5.5 lbs)
• History of abuse/ domestic violence
• High-stress levels and/or depression
• Not completing high school/GED
• Experiencing financial hardship or limited income
• Lack of dental care
• Access to healthy food
• Teen pregnancy
• Universal risk screening
• Coordinated intake & referral
• Individualized care coordination & home visiting
• Preventative & developmental screenings
• Safe sleep education & resources
• Childbirth & parenting education
• Breastfeeding education & support
• Smoking cessation assistance
• Community referrals
To enroll in services, contact an MCR health Care Coordinator at 941-666-3214
For more information about the Healthy Start Program please visit https://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/childrens-health/healthy-start/index.html