Are You Pre-Diabetic, Type 1, Type 2 or Gestational?
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that can be managed with a combination of lifestyle changes, diet and medications. Left untreated diabetes can lead to blindness, kidney disease, heart disease, amputation and high blood pressure.
MCR Health focuses on diabetic services as an overall approach to healthcare, which includes educating our patients on how they can participate in their health care.
Topics covered in one-on-one meetings include:
- Understanding the human body
- Learning the risk factors and monitoring your body
- Importance of physical activity
- Health management through nutrition Identify and delay/prevent complications
- Medication and utilizing your medical team
- Stress and coping
For more information, call the Diabetes Hotline at 941-708-8612
PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).