HIV/Hep C Services
Human Immunodeficiency Virus, HIV , damages the immune system and interferes with the body’s ability to fight infection and disease. AIDS is a chronic immune system disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The Florida Ryan White Part B Program provides services to eligible clients residing in all counties of Florida. Services are fully funded through the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009 administered by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB). Ryan White funding fills gaps in care for people living with HIV not covered by other resources.
Although there is no “cure” for HIV, it can be controlled with the use of special medications and proper medical care. The medicines used to treat HIV are called antiretroviral therapy.
Call MCR Health Southwest Health Center for more information about getting tested for HIV.
Hepatitis C Program
- Hepatitis C (HCV) is a blood-borne virus that can cause serious liver damage.
- Hepatitis C kills more Americans than 60 other reportable infectious diseases combined.
Who is most at risk for hepatitis C infection?
- Baby boomers are infected with chronic HCV infection at higher rates
- IV drug users face rapidly rising rates of acute HCV infection
- People who had blood transfusions, blood products, or organ donations before 1992
- Hemodialysis patients
- People who receive body piercings or tattoos with non-sterile instruments
- People with known exposure to Hepatitis C Virus such as healthcare workers and organ transplant recipient
- New treatments to CURE Hep C are more effective and easier than ever before.
- Testing for Hep C is now recommended for everyone age 18 and over.
What does MCR Health offer?
- Hepatitis C Testing
- Access to Hepatitis C Treatment Medication
- On-site FibroScan Imaging (for Liver Disease Staging)
- On-site Care Coordination/Case Management
- On-site Behavioral Health/Counseling Service
- On-site Laboratory Services
- On-site Pharmacy Services
Call MCR Health Southwest Health Center for Hepatitis C testing and treatment.