Are you an Optical Assistant who is tired of feeling like you have to treat your patients like a number? Or do you have a desire to start a new career by helping people to see the world around them again? Would you like to only work Monday thru Friday (no more evening, holiday, or weekend shifts)?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health Services where you will be able to provide exceptional care to our patients as they come to us for their healthcare needs. Our Optometric Team is friendly, courteous, professional, and most importantly – they love our patients!
As part of this role, you will:
- Triage patients and prepare patient chart for Optometrist
- Perform and document preliminary eye tests
- Order and dispense contact lenses
- Complete patient registration and scheduling as needed
- Assist optician with measuring frames, dispensing, & repairing glasses for our patients
What you need to bring to this role:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in optometric, ophthalmic, or medical office helpful
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do and the image you present to our patients & visitors
- Willingness to learn about optometric & ophthalmic care
- A positive can-do attitude (grumpy people need not apply)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.