Do you work in a hospital or clinic scheduling patients and would like to take your skills to the next level? Do you want to help people get the healthcare services they need, knowing you’ve made a difference? Do you only want to work Monday thru Friday (no more holidays, weekends or 3rd shifts)?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health Services where you will be able to provide exceptional service to our patients when they have questions about the services we provide or need help scheduling their appointments. Our team is friendly, courteous, professional, and most importantly – they love our patients!
As part of this role, you will:
- Call patients to schedule advanced and same day appointments for ongoing healthcare needs
- Be the person who calls our patients with a smile in their voice
- Completes and verifies patient eligibility and authorizations
- Answer questions about our services and hours
- Screens OB patients for the potential eligibility of pregnant women to participate in the simplified Medicaid application
What you need to bring to this role:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Minimum of six months of customer service in a high volume impact environment, preferably in the healthcare field
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with customers in stressful situations
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do and the image you present to our patients & visitors
- A positive can-do attitude (grumpy people need not apply)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is beneficial
- Assist our patients to register, verify eligibility, and understand our reduced-fee programs
- Refer and assist qualified patients to register for the Medicaid and other programs
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.