Do you speak fluent English and Spanish? Do you enjoy working with people, but would like to make a greater impact on your community’s health and wellness?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health where you will be able to provide exceptional service to our local migrant/seasonal farm workers and their families.
As part of this role you will:
- Coordinate and conduct health screenings & educational sessions with migrant & seasonal farm workers and their families
- Provide education to patients regarding health coverage
- Attend community events and distribute outreach materials
What you need to bring to this role:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1+ years’ experience with outreach or community-related service
- 1+ years’ informal or formal training experience (preferably in healthcare)
- Must be able to work a flexible shift within a 40-hour work week
- Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout Manatee and/or DeSoto Counties throughout the worked shift
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required with the ability to become a certified medical translator or interpreter within 6 months of hire
- Experience interacting with diverse and multi-cultural populations
- Knowledge of local Hispanic social service agencies, churches, labor camps, packing houses, farms and apartment complexes beneficial
- Ability to connect with patients and help them feel at ease when answering sensitive questions
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do and the image you present to the community, our staff, patients, & visitors
**MCR Health is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.