Performs routine custodial work using a variety of prescribed cleaning materials and related equipment from the organization. Position is responsible for all custodian duties including trash removal, mopping, vacuuming, maintenance of tile, vinyl tile, and wooden floors at the health care centers and administrative offices. Responsible for buffing of high traffic areas and stripping and waxing of floors on a scheduled basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for general cleanliness inside and outside of the facilities.
- Responsible for maintenance of all floor surfaces.
- Responsible for insuring that all floors are maintained in a high state of readiness.
- Responsible for mopping, buffing, and waxing applicable floor surfaces.
- Responsible for vacuuming and shampooing carpeted areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a schedule of all floor maintenance.
- Transport equipment to job site and maintain equipment in safe and clean condition.
- Remove and replace furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Perform duties as assigned to respond to building and weather related emergencies.
- Handle chemicals in compliance with organization, state and OSHA requirements insuring employee and public safety.
- Supports the goals and mission of MCRHS, Inc.
- Adheres to the safety and security policies and MCRHS, Inc.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Active listening
- Oral expression
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- High School Graduation or GED equivalent or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can acquire is necessary.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in custodial work with significant work experience in handling various floor maintenance processes including stripping, sealing, and finishing floors, spray buffing or burnishing floors, shampooing or extracting carpets, and the operation of various floor machines including buffers, burnishers, scrubbers, and extractors, is required.
- Ability to demonstrate proper floor care and carpet cleaning procedures and demonstrate skills with equipment assigned to the classification
- Valid Florida Drivers License