Tired of only talking to people on the phone when they’re angry or upset? Do you want to help people receive the Eye care services they need, knowing you’ve made a difference? Do you only want to work Monday thru Friday?
If yes – then join us at MCR Health where you will be able to provide exceptional customer service to our patients when they call for appointments, visit our office to see their physician, or ask questions about the services we provide. Our Vision Department Representatives are friendly, courteous, professional, and most importantly – they love our patients!
As part of this role, you will:
· Check patients in; greeting everyone in a friendly and professional manner.
· Verify patient information; maintain accurate and current records at all times.
· Scan patient ID/ insurance cards.
· Evaluate chart information, confirm that documentation is complete and update financial policies, medical hx, etc., as needed.
· Ensure proper authorization/ referrals are in place.
· Collect copay/ fees for service and past due balances.
· Schedule follow-up appointments and manage walk-in patients,
· Maintain cash drawer accurately; reconciling on a daily basis.
· Enter orders in to Vision portals and post charges.
· Maintain Confidentiality
· Deliver an Exceptional Experience to Everyone, Every Time!
Locations include: Bradenton
What you need to bring to this role:
· High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
· Minimum of six months of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably healthcare.
· Experience navigating Vision portals a plus!!
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with customers in stressful situations.
· Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
· Pride in the job you do and the image you present to our patients & visitors
· A positive can-do attitude (grumpy people need not apply)
· Genuine desire to provide care to others.
**MCR Health is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Job Type: Full-time