We are building a new Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Team and we need experienced CDI Specialists to help us! Do you already work as a CDI Specialist or Certified Coder, but would like a new challenge? Or are you a nurse that wants to still help patients get the healthcare services they need, but want to step away from the bedside (no more 3rd shift, holidays, or weekends)?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health Services where you will be able to provide exceptional service to our patients. Our new team members earn 3 weeks’ time off in their 1st year, have 9 paid holidays, and can access amazing healthcare insurance benefits. Come join us!
As part of this role, you will:
- Review and audit patient charts in the EHR for clinical status of patient, current treatment plan, past medical history, & quality measures (e.g HEDIS, HCC, etc..), and identify potential gaps in physician documentation
- Communicate with physicians when more specific documentation and/or diagnoses may be required
- Collaborate with and educate physicians and coding staff to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation
Location: Bradenton, FL
What you need to bring to this role:
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field required
Required certification or license must be one of the following:
Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
Certified Coder (AAPC or AHIMA preferred)
AHIMA Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) certification
- 1+ years’ experience in population health required (3+ preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience working in a healthcare setting (3+ and outpatient ambulatory setting preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Valid driver license required with the ability to move between sites as needed to oversee, observe, and monitor operations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do with a positive can-do attitude
MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.