Are you an Optician who is tired of feeling like you have to treat your patients like a number? Or do you have a desire to start a new career by helping people to see the world around them again? Would you like to only work Monday thru Friday (no more evening, holiday, or weekend shifts)?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health where you will be able to provide exceptional care to our patients as they come to us for their healthcare needs. Our Optometric Team is friendly, courteous, professional, and most importantly – they love our patients!
As part of this role, you will:
Educate customers/patients on their eyewear options based on their eyewear needs.
Advising on the proper lens material based on Rx & frame
Prepare work orders for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, and fitting the lenses into frames as well as repairing and adjusting eyewear.
Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, pupillary distance etc.
Occasionally assist physician and staff in patient care.
Location : Arcadia , Florida
What you need to bring to this role:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in optometric, ophthalmic, or medical office helpful
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do and the image you present to our patients & visitors
- Willingness to learn about optometric & ophthalmic care
- A positive can-do attitude
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
**MCR is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.