Are you working in a hospital HIM department & would like to have a real work/life balance (no more weekends, holidays, or 3rd shift)? Would you like to work for an organization that is growing & wants to support your professional growth?
If yes – then come join us at MCR Health Services where you will be able to provide exceptional service through your efforts. Our Health Information Management Team is friendly, courteous, professional, and most importantly – they love our patients!
As part of this role, you will:
- Protect and update medical records and other health information
- Release, request, transfer, and purge health information per state and federal regulations
- File and scan clinical documentation records (loose or routed) into the electronic health record
What you need to bring to this role:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate’s degree in Health Information Management (HIM) preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in health information processing in a healthcare setting
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with basic medical terminology & data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech savvy and organized
- Ability to effectively interact with others in stressful situations
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- Pride in the job you do and the image you present
- A positive can-do attitude (grumpy people need not apply)
- Experience with Athena EHR a plus
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.